Goodget is looking for an entrepreneur to complement our team with knowledge of sales, project management and entrepreneurship in developing countries. Are you ready to take up the challenge of growing an innovative distribution channel for sustainable, innovative and cost-effective products in Ghana and beyond?
Challenge and opportunity
Goodget distributes sustainable, innovative and cost-effective products – not gadgets, but goodgets – to people who can best use them. Our products range from solar lamps, solar mobile phone chargers, water purification devices, adjustable eyeglasses, and bigger solar installations. All these products can improve the lives of people who live in poverty and daily frustration over lack of clean water, energy supply, sufficient housing and sanitation, depletion of natural resources and degradation of the natural environment.
Goodget started selling in Ghana in February 2014, and has established excellent sales channels with Shell Ghana and Ghana Post. Besides focussing on these retail channels, we are working with local and international partners to set up a Business Centre in Accra, Ghana. At this Business Centre, local women entrepreneurs are trained to sell our products and to grow their businesses.
Now that we are in business for little more than a year, we are looking to expand our activities to all the 99 Shell shops and 350 Post Offices in Ghana.
We are now looking for an entrepreneur who can take on this challenge. You will be working in Ghana and in the Netherlands, and you will supervise all sales activities, work out the sales strategy with the CEO and the local country manager. You will be selling quality products from a.o. Philips and WakaWaka.
Besides sales, it would be a pre if you have a financial background.
Goodget is looking for an individual with the following characteristics:
- Pro-active, flexible and responsible attitude
- Entrepreneurial / project management experience in developing countries (preferably Ghana)
- Strong commercial sales skills (retail, wholesale, business-to-business)
- Understanding of business finance and microfinance is a plus
- E-commerce and marketing skills are a plus
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Strong drive to achieve social impact among the lower & middle income groups
- Strong social and environmental values in line with our core values
- Able to oversee complicated situations, see opportunities instead of problems
- Not afraid to go into the field and test new strategies
- Able to inspire co-workers with positive and fair attitude
- Responsible for sales activities, setting targets and strategy, including accurate reporting to CEO, investors & partners
- Oversee and delegate tasks & KPI’s to the Ghanaian sales team
- Help the local team to improve and scale Goodget in Ghana and other African countries
- Open up new sales channels, find new customers, and scout & test new products
This is what Goodget can offer you
- A business that is ready to grow. Sales channels, protocols, products and back office are in place; we are waiting for your enthusiasm and input!
- You will be working on commission for the first months. You will receive a basic salary as soon as the sales results allow for this.
- Travel and accommodation in Ghana are provided for (note: the accommodation in Accra is not completely basic, but not very luxurious either. We are still in the ‘bootstrapping phase’!)
- A fair stake in the business (to be negotiated)
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- The chance to improve the quality of life of thousands of people in Africa!
If you want to be part of our dream and if you are the leading entrepreneur to make it happen, please contact Elvira de Rooij, CEO of Goodget by following this link.